Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not My Son

(Written Spring 2010)

Not my son. I am a smart woman.  I was a smart child. My husband is a smart man.  We are good parents.  We read to him, play with him, talk to him, travel with him, show him things.  We do more for and with him than most of our friends do, save those lucky moms who stay home. We are both well adjusted, level headed people.  We come from good families.  He is not surrounded by turmoil, chaos, disappointment, or even sadness.  He has everything he needs and wants.  He has two involved parents – one mom and one dad.  How can my son be having trouble?  There isn’t anything wrong.  He is just behind. But he will catch up.  I’m sure of it.  He will be one of the oldest in his class, so by then he’ll be fine.  I think.  I hope.  Maybe.  Oh god, what if he’s not???

No comments:

Post a Comment